Patrick A. Tuley, CPA Tax Partner
Background & Experience
Pat Tuley is a partner with over 25 years of experience in public accounting. Prior to joining PKM, Pat worked in the tax area for one of the Big Four firms. His background includes experience in federal taxation and state and local taxation. He is responsible for the firm’s tax services.
Pat has delivered services to clients during his career that include:
- Federal, State and Local tax compliance
- Corporate tax planning
- Business structure planning
- Merger and acquisition assistance
- Post-merger integration analysis and restructuring
- State taxability analysis (Nexus)
- Stock option exercise planning
- Sales and use tax research and planning
- Research and experimentation credit analysis
- Individual and closely-held business structuring and tax planning
- S corporation election, planning and compliance
Pat has worked with clients ranging from individuals to international Fortune 50 companies. Industry experience includes financial institutions, transportation, real estate development and construction, telecommunications, hospitality, manufacturing, brokerage and service industries.
Pat serves on the Tax Committee for the PKF North American Network, which is responsible for keeping the association’s 90+ member firms current with tax law changes. He has served as an instructor for the Bank Tax Institute, the Financial Managers Society, and has been a guest speaker at conferences on a variety of tax topics.
- B.S.B.A. in Accounting, University of Missouri, St. Louis
- North Carolina School of Banking, Advanced Management Program
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Boy Scouts of America
- South Carolina Bankers Association
- Community Bankers Association of Georgia
- Georgia Bankers Association
- Allinial Global Tax Committee
- North Carolina Bankers Association
Hobbies & Interests
Pat enjoys golf, tennis, music, cycling, camping and other outdoor activities. He also enjoys reading. He and his family are actively involved in scouting, swim team, and their church.
“Pat is unique in that he not only knows the tax code, but he can explain the options to those without a tax background. He also considers the business and GAAP aspects in his solutions. I consider Pat a value added service provider.”
Chief Financial Officer