Matthew A. Shoemaker, CPA Audit Manager
Background & Experience
After graduating from Georgia Southern University with both his BBA and Masters in Accounting, Matt joined a regional firm in his hometown of Augusta, GA. He gained nearly two years of experience in the firm’s audit and assurance practice focusing on commercial clients in manufacturing & distribution, governmental, not-for-profit, and employee benefit plans. Matt joined PKM in the Fall of 2013 and has continued to work on PKM’s growing client list of commercial industry audits and employee benefit plan audits. His experience also includes consolidated financial statement audits, interim financial statement reviews and Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 internal controls documentation and testing consulting services for SEC reporting entities.
- Masters of Accounting, Georgia Southern University
- BBA in Accounting, Georgia Southern University
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Northside United Methodist Church
- Georgia Southern University College of Business Young Alumni Board
Hobbies & Interests
Matt enjoys spending his free time outdoors and being an active member at his church. He is also an avid supporter of Georgia Southern athletics and visits Statesboro as often as possible.