H. Phillip Moore, Jr., CPA Managing Partner
Background & Experience
As managing partner of PKM, in addition to maintaining a select group of client relationships, Phil devotes much of his time to the strategic planning, growth and succession of the firm.
With respect to client engagements, he has devoted the past 30+ years of his career to the accounting and auditing of community banks. Over the years, he has developed an extensive knowledge of accounting and regulatory issues that affect financial institutions and has become one of the foremost authorities on the community banking industry, particularly in the area of SEC reporting and strategic direction.
Over the last decade, Phil has spent considerable time in organizational structure and development, skills he not only uses with the Firm’s clients but also in guiding and directing Porter Keadle Moore.
- B.B.A. degree in Accounting, Georgia Southern University
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Georgia Bankers Association
- Community Bankers Association
- Allinial Global
- Board of Directors
- Georgia Southern University
- Chairman, Accounting Advisory Council
- Alumni Association, Board of Directors
- Executive Committee member and Chairman of the Georgia Southern University Athletic Foundation, Inc.
- College of Business Administration, Dean’s Business Advisory Council
- Dunwoody Baptist Church, Member and Past Chairman, Finance Committee
- Beta Alpha Psi, Zeta Delta Chapter, Honorary Member
- Outstanding Accounting Alumnus, 1999
- Outstanding Alumni, College of Business, 2002
- Inducted as the 2003 Honoree of Beta Gamma Sigma, the National Business Scholastic Honor Society
- 2010 Distinguished Service Award
- 2014 National Academy of Public Accounting Professionals – Top 10 for the State of Georgia
Hobbies & Interests
In his free time you can find Phil on the golf course. He has had the opportunity to tee it up in eight different countries, including playing 25 of the Top 100 Courses in the World. He has been happily married to his wife, Cindy, for over 25 years and enjoys spending time with their three boys, cooking up trouble with them for their Mom.