Gregory T. Foster, CPA Audit Partner
Background & Experience
Greg Foster is a partner with over 25 years’ experience in public accounting. Prior to joining PKM in 1993 he spent eight years with an international accounting firm.
Greg provides a variety of accounting, auditing, tax and consulting services primarily to clients in the insurance, banking and securities industries. He has extensive experience serving clients with public and private securities registrations as well as mergers and acquisitions. Greg assisted in writing the Accounting and Auditing Guide for Savings Associations and co-authored an article published in the July 2009 issue of Best’s Review magazine. He has developed professional education materials for financial institutions and on the taxation of property and casualty insurance companies. Greg has led several local and regional training courses and has presented at national seminars on a variety of topics.
Greg leads the firm’s Insurance Services Group, which provides a variety of services to insurance companies, managing general agencies, and premium finance companies.
- B.B.A. degree with an emphasis in Accounting, The University of Georgia, summa cum laude
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Insurance Accounting and Systems Association
- Chairman’s Club Member – Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce
- Gwinnett Habitat for Humanity
- Audit Committee Chairman
- Finance Committee Member
- Apologetics Ministry Director
- Finance Committee Chairman
- Adult Curriculum Coordinator and Developer
- Adult Sunday School Teacher
- Troop 56, Lawrenceville, Georgia-Adult Leader
- Apalachee District Eagle Board Member
Hobbies & Interests
Greg and his family are very active in their church and also enjoy outdoor activities including gardening, fishing and camping. Greg is an amateur astronomer, plays guitar, and designs and builds handcrafted furniture.
“One thing you never question about Greg is that he truly loves what he does. You see this in not only his dedication but also his accessibility. I know that if I ever have an issue, about anything, he is just a phone call away. In the complex and confusing realm of accounting standards, Greg has the ability to grasp the “ivory tower theory” in a way that makes it relatable and understandable.”
David L. Jolley, CPA
Senior Director and Controller
Georgia Farm Bureau