David C. Wood, CPA Audit Partner
Background & Experience
David has more than 20 years of experience in accounting, auditing, and financial reporting. He began his career with a Big Four accounting firm where he spent eight years specializing in working with large and small financial institutions in a variety of markets. Over the past 14 years, David has worked in PKM’s financial institutions practice, serving clients throughout the Southeast. He is a recent former member of the Depository Institutions Expert Panel of the AICPA, Vice Chairman of Allinial Global’s Financial Institutions Committee, and is active in many banking organizations promoting the interests of community banks. David is a magna cum laude graduate of The University of Georgia where he received his Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting. He is a member of the AICPA as well as several state CPA societies.
- B.B.A. degree in Accounting, The University of Georgia, magna cum laude
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Georgia Bankers Association
- Community Bankers Association of Georgia
- Community Bankers Association of Alabama
- Alabama Bankers Association
Hobbies & Interests
David enjoys spending time with his family, especially on the water. He is an avid sports fan and enjoys time on the links.